Sunday, October 03, 2004

Work till you drop....

As near as I can tell, the government is figuring that I will have to work until I die at my desk. By the time I will be ready to retire, the social security situation will be in complete disarray. Fortunately, I have been working on my own funds for retirement, but the question will still remain whether or not we have enough for our retirements.

As long as we are healthy, we should be able to make it. However, with the souring costs of health care and medicine, any injury or sickness will quickly eat away all funds for people. There is no way a normal person can afford the cost of a sickness.

I read that 40% of people do not have health insurance. Stay well or die is the price of that. There are wonderful medicines and procedures that can be used, but if you cannot afford them, are the docs going to give them to you pro bono? I doubt it. So, shortly, we will be down to the haves and the have nots. The haves can afford their lives. The rest of us will either live or die.

Actually, that will not last long. Once the poor get too big, it is a natural for revolution. The haves will not have enough flunkies to overcome the rest of us.

No comments: