Thursday, January 13, 2005

Tourist says he has been stumped by this situation!

A German professor who went on a dream holiday to Costa Rica woke up in an airport departure lounge to find his leg had been amputated. The professor said he had gone to see a doctor at a hospital in San Jose because his left foot was swollen. He said: “An aspirin usually did the trick. I have had the problem before - it was nothing serious - just something caused by my diabetes. “When I got to the hospital they put me on a bed and I heard the word amputate. I tried to protest, but before I knew it they had given me drugs to black me out, and when I woke up I was at the departure lounge. “My suitcases were by my side - and then I realised my leg was missing. I couldn’t move, and when I checked my wallet I found that £200 had been taken out and replaced with a receipt for the amputation.

No comments: